Water testing is a process that evaluates the quality of your water supply by analyzing its chemical, physical, and microbiological properties. These tests can detect contaminants and help ensure that your water is safe for drinking, cooking, and other household uses.
There are several signs and symptoms that may indicate a need for water testing, including:
• Unusual taste or odor
•Discoloration or cloudiness
• Recurring gastrointestinal issues among household members
• Visible sediment or particles in the water
• Nearby construction, industrial activities, or agricultural runoff
• Aging plumbing systems or lead pipes
Some benefits of using B.L James & Son Plumbing for your water testing needs include:
• Peace of mind knowing that your water supply is safe and healthy
• Identification of potential health hazards and contaminants
• Recommendations for water treatment solutions if necessary
• Compliance with local regulations and guidelines
• Expert knowledge and advice on maintaining water quality
Failing to test your water supply can put you and your family at risk. Undetected contaminants can lead to various health issues, such as gastrointestinal illnesses, skin irritation, and even long-term health effects like cancer. Regular water testing can help identify and address these risks before they become a problem.
B.L James & Son Plumbing professionals will collect water samples from your home and send them to a certified laboratory for analysis. Once the results are available, they will discuss the findings with you and recommend any necessary actions or treatments to ensure your water is safe and healthy.
By following these steps and working with B.L James & Son Plumbing for your water testing needs, you can ensure the health and safety of your water supply in Arlington, Virginia. To maintain the health of your water supply, consider the following:
• Test your water regularly, especially if you notice any changes in taste, odor, or appearance
• Install appropriate water treatment systems if contaminants are detected
• Properly maintain your plumbing system and replace aging pipes if necessary
• Be aware of nearby construction, industrial activities, or agricultural runoff that may affect your water supply
• Stay informed about local water quality reports and guidelines
Please complete this form to request service.
The B.L. James & Son team likes to move quick and reply to customer inquiries the same business day. Once we troubleshoot the issue, estimates are provided the same day or by the end of the next day. Our work begins the moment you call, and since we’re open 24 hours a day there’s no reason to wait. Call B.L. James & Son anytime, we’ll be there to help.
Yes! B.L. James offers financing with six different plans customized to your needs. Contact us to inquire about your financing options.
Maintenance should be performed twice a year. Once before the extreme summer weather and once before the extreme winter weather. Regular maintenance will ensure that your unit will last as long as possible without needing repairs. And believe us it will save you money in the long run, by keeping up the efficiency and cleanliness of your unit. Additionally, some warranties require regular maintenance in order for the warranty terms to be met.
YES! We will give you a FREE in-home estimate for an HVAC system or Water Heater. Don’t pay hundreds of unnecessary dollars just for the inspection. Our technicians will work with you to find the best equipment for your home and family’s needs at a price that fits your budget.
An air conditioner can last up to 15 years. But this is ONLY with proper maintenance and servicing. A unit that is not properly cared for may only last 10 years before it starts needing frequent repairs.
An unexpected increase in your water bill is a sign that you have a leak. Even if you don’t see the leak, you could have a hidden one.
Many customers will not notice when their heat pump system is not working. A high electrical bill can be caused by the supplemental heat kit operating to heat your home without heat pump heat. Ensure your system is working properly before the cold days of winter.
Although some people are perfectly fine with a traditional hot water heater, there are several benefits to using a tankless hot water heater. They never run out of water and can save you money.
When used too frequently, drain cleaning chemicals are bad for your pipes. They could cause the pipes to deteriorate. There is no replacement for a licensed plumber.
Email has an ability many channels don’t:
creating valuable, personal touches – at scale